Everyday on the way from the parking lot to his office a businessman mets a hobo begging for coins. And day after day the businessman spends a little bit money. One day the hobo starts to wash the businessman’s car ... A tragicomic story about the longing for human warmth told in Berlin in 1999. Nominated for an Academy Award (Oscar®) in 2000.
|Production||Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF|
- Nominated for the Academy Awards, (2000) (Oscar®)
- "Winner Honorary Foreign Student Award", Academy Awards (1999) (Oscar®)
- "Price of Honour", Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Student Section (1999)
- "German Short Film Award in Silver" (1999)
- "Best Student Short", Aspen Shortest (2000)
- "Special Distinction of FIPRESCI Jury", Krakow ISFF (2000)
- "Silver Mikeldi for Fiction" Bilbao International Festival of Documentaries and Short Films (2000)
Quotes & Other
- "A paradigm of everything a short film should be - compression, precision, every shot in the service of the one idea. Everything orchestrated seamlessly towards that one idea - very effective, very poignant."
- Jury statement for Best Student Film Winner at Aspen Shortsfest 2000