A little polar bear Ursa is alone in the cold dark Arctic and looking for his mum. He walks through a blizzard, through the icy cold tundra and sharp ice hummocks, towards the northern lights and the magic song in hope to find his mother. On his way Ursa meets different Arctic animals, friends and enemies, and after many challenges comes to the edge of the earth. In front of him is only the sea and the northern lights. And there in the distance, in the northern lights he sees his mum.
This Norwegian animated film grapples with the consequences of climate change for polar bears in the Arctic in a way that’s accessible to children.
|Original title||URSA - The Song of the Northern Lights|
|Format||Full HD /DCP|
- "Best Norwegian Short Film", Kristiansand International Children’s FF, Norway (2021)
- "Best Short Film for Children", Goldn Kurier - IAFF, Bulgaria (2021)
- Seoul Guro Int. Kids FF, South Korea (2021)
- ZLIN Int. FF for Children and Youth, Czech Republic (2021)
- ANIBAR Int.Anim Festival, Kosovo (2021)
- Giffoni Film Festival, Official Competition, Italy (2021)
- La Guarimba Int. Film Festival, Italy (2021)
- AniFest ROZAFA IFF for Children and Young People, Albania (2021)
- Fantoche, Kids Film Competition, Switzerland (2021)
- The Norwegian IFF Haugesund, Norway (2021)
- TIFF Junior, Norway (2021)